Chilli Con Carne
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 chillies in adobo sauce, chopped, plus 2 tbs adobo sauce
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 200g can corn kernels
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- Sour cream, flour tortillas, lime wedges and micro coriander, to serve
- Heat oil in pan and add onion and garlic. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add mince and break apart in the pan. Cook for 5-10 minutes until meat is browned.
- Add chilies, paprika, cumin and tomato paste and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes
- Add diced tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil before putting heat on low and continue to cook for roughly 30-45 minutes.
- Once it has reduced add in the kidney beans and corn then stir through the chilli con carne.
- Serve with lime wedges and corn tortillas, garnishing the chilli con carne with coriander.